Let's help each other
Make a Difference at Brandywine Hospital
Volunteers have played a critical role in hospitals for centuries, compassionately supplementing the services that staff provides to patients, their families and guests. Volunteers also play an important role in patient satisfaction, adding a special dimension of personal service and care.
Brandywine Hospital's volunteer corps is made up of men, women, students, parents and retirees.
Our volunteers donate their time and talents for a variety of reasons:
- A desire to help others
- Sharpen their skills for re-entry into the workforce
- Exposure to careers in healthcare
- Meet new friends
- Stay active and make a difference
And, they can be found in almost every department:
- Greeting visitors
- Performing interdepartmental errands
- Assisting in hospital departments
Volunteering can be a source of pride, enjoyment and challenge. We hope that you will choose to become an important part of our hospital team. If you are looking for a change, a challenge or new friends, volunteering at Brandywine Hospital may be the place for you to make a difference.
Benefits of Volunteering
- A volunteer uniform will be provided.
- For each shift served, you will receive one meal in the hospital cafeteria (up to $6 value).
- A free flu shot will be ordered once a year.
- Volunteers age 50+ who serve a minimum of four hours of service a week will be given a free membership to Senior Group.
- Recognition during National Volunteer Week.
- Drug screening, TB testing and a copy of childhood immunizations
- Attend hospital orientation
- Have hospital/department training
- Adhere to volunteer uniform or dress standards
- Adhere to our “Code of Conduct”
- Be punctual and reliable, displaying dignity, courtesy and consideration for others
- No volunteer can "directly" participate in patient care
Additional Requirements for Adult Volunteers
- For the safety of our employees, patients and other volunteers, a criminal background check and child abuse history clearances are required for all volunteers age 18+.
Minimum hours of service 75/year
Summer Teen Program:
Minimum age at application: 15 years
Program runs June/July/August; Monday - Friday; 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. OR 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Minimum hours of service: 32/session
Applications accepted March 1-May 1 (completed application must be received on or before May 1)
Volunteer Services: 610-383-8171