Brandywine Hospital offers patients pain management specialists who treat chronic and acute pain using a multi-disciplinary approach. The goals of pain management treatment include reduced pain, increased mobility and control over your pain management.
The field of pain management treats all pain as a disease-regardless of its source. This includes both primary forms of pain such as headaches, as well as secondary pain, such as pain caused by a chronic disorder. Proper pain management is important for ongoing pain control, especially if patients suffer with long-term or chronic pain.
To help explain pain, be sure to answer these questions:
- When did your pain begin?
- Where did you feel your pain?
- How does the pain feel – sharp, dull, throbbing, burning, tingling?
- Is the pain constant, or does it come and go?
- What, if anything, makes the pain feel better?
- What, if anything, makes the pain feel worse?
- How much, if any, pain your medicine is taking away?
- If your medicine helps with the pain, how many hours of relief do you get?
Depending on the severity of the pain you are experiencing, there may be several treatment approaches available for your specific management needs. By reducing and controlling the pain, patients respond more quickly to treatment, achieve better mobility and have a shorter recovery time for a better post-operative and overall patient experience.
Find a Doctor