Brandywine Hospital in conjunction with its Behavioral Health Pavilion and Eating Disorder Unit are proud to now offer an Eating Disorders Support Group (EDSG). Click here to view the informational flyer. This group is open to the public and is offered at no charge.The group meets every first and third Thursday of the month from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Brandywine Hospital's 1 West Conference Room (1st Floor). Please call 610-383-4950 for location and dates. The group is open to males and females age 13 and up.
Our meetings offer an interactive, safe forum for friends and family to discuss “real life” situations they are currently facing. Negative body image, self esteem and self compassion are also addressed. Our support group brings attendees together in a recovery focused environment. Participants are able to ask questions, share hope, and discover that recovery is possible.
This support group is specifically designed for individuals, who struggle with eating disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating) and their family members. We offer a safe & encouraging environment for individuals who need:
- information regarding the treatment of eating disorders
- additional guidance as they face the challenges when recovering from an eating disorder
- a forum to ask straightforward questions
- additional support as they begin their journey toward recovery
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals presently in recovery
- Individuals currently suffering from an eating disorder
- Family members & friends of those who are struggling with an eating disorder
- Individuals who would simply like to be better informed about eating disorders
- Teachers, nurses, physicians, counselors, mental health workers & others interested in the care & treatment of eating disorders
Brandywine Hospital is proud to support its local community and understands that living with an eating disorder is a serious stress for the individual and family. EDSG strives to assist group members find better ways of managing symptoms and discover the issues that underlie and sustain the disorder. There is hope and recovery is possible.
If you have additional questions about the EDSG or the in-patient Eating Disorder Program, please feel free to contact the Eating Disorders Program at Brandywine Hospital at (610) 383- 4950.