Living with an eating disorder is a serious stress for the individual and family. In the course of our program, we help participants and families find better ways of managing symptoms and discover the issues that underlie and sustain the disorder. We accomplish this through intensive therapies provided by knowledgeable, experienced staff.
Why choose Brandywine?
- Individualized approach in a supportive environment
- An experienced treatment team
- 24-hour nursing support
- 24/7 access to physicians
- Individual therapy three times a week with a master's- or doctoral-level clinician
- Family therapy twice per week
- Daily group programming
- Daily psychiatric management
- Experiential therapy with art, music and movement
- Nutritional counseling
- Off-unit meals and activities
- Recreational programming
- Educational support
- Consultations with experts
- Spiritual support
- Insurance coverage under most commercial insurance plans, Medicare and some Medicaid plans
Our program is headed by Michael Pertschuk, MD, who has more than two decades of experience managing eating disorders. In fact, most of our team has over a decade's worth of experience in this field, which means thorough care for our participants.
Brandywine offers the comforts of a residential setting with the professional care that only a hospital can provide. Participants live in an environment with stylish furnishings, WIFI, computers and all the comforts of home, located right on our 77-acre campus.
- How much do you know about eating disorders?
- Types of eating disorders
- Eating disorders in children
- Intensive Therapies
- Our Approach
- Supportive Activities
- Support Groups
- Visit our website
For more information, please contact: