Accreditations & Awards
Signs of achievement.
Providing quality healthcare is our focus.
In addition to being accredited by The Joint Commission, Brandywine Hospital is proud to have received the following awards and accreditations for providing quality care:
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award
Brandywine Hospital has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
Aetna Institutes of Quality®
Aetna Institutes of Quality recognizes Brandywine Hospital for consistently delivering evidence-based, quality care for Cardiac Medical Intervention & Cardiac Rhythm and Orthopedic Spine.
2017 Mission: Lifeline® Silver Receiving Quality Achievement Award
The Mission: Lifeline® Silver Receiving Quality Achievement Award was awarded to Brandywine Hospital for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
Every year, more than 250,000 people experience an ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) the most deadly type of heart attack caused by a blockage of blood flow to the heart that requires timely treatment. To prevent death, it’s critical to restore blood flow as quickly as possible, either by mechanically opening the blocked vessel or by providing clot-busting medication.
The American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline program’s goal is to reduce system barriers to prompt treatment for heart attacks, beginning with the 9-1-1 call and continuing through hospital treatment.
Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® - 2016
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Quality Care in Hip Replacement
- Quality Care in Knee Replacement
- Wound Care
- Advanced Certification in Stroke- Primary Stroke Center
Accredited Chest Pain Center Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
Designated Lung Screening Center
The American College of Radiology (ACR) designates this facility as a top quality provider of safe, effective diagnostic imaging for individuals at high risk for lung cancer. As an ACR-designated lung cancer screening center, this facility demonstrates commitment to providing high-quality screening care and patient safety.
Independence Blue Cross - Blue Distinction® Center for Knee and Hip Replacement*
* Disclaimer: Blue Distinction Centers (BDC) met overall quality measures for patient safety and outcomes, developed with input from the medical community. A Local Blue Plan may require additional criteria for facilities located in its own service area; for details, contact your Local Blue Plan. Blue Distinction Centers+ (BDC+) also met cost measures that address consumers’ need for affordable healthcare. Each facility’s cost of care is evaluated using data from its Local Blue Plan. Facilities in CA, ID, NY, PA, and WA may lie in two Local Blue Plans’ areas, resulting in two evaluations for cost of care; and their own Local Blue Plans decide whether one or both cost of care evaluation(s) must meet BDC+ national criteria. National criteria for BDC and BDC+ are displayed on www.bcbs.com. Individual outcomes may vary. For details on a provider’s in-network status or your own policy’s coverage, contact your Local Blue Plan and ask your provider before making an appointment. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any Blue Plans are responsible for non-covered charges or other losses or damages resulting from Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or care received from Blue Distinction or other providers.
American College of Radiology Accredited Facility
Brandywine Hospital has been accredited for ultrasound as the result of an extensive review by the American College of Radiology. This gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety at our facility.
Brandywine Hospital and Brandywine Hospital Imaging at Downingtown have been accredited for computed tomography (CT) as the result of an extensive review by the American College of Radiology. This gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety at our facility.
Brandywine Hospital has been accredited for mammography as the result of an extensive review by the American College of Radiology. This gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety at our facility.